Monday 12 August 2013

Vivien of Holloway 1950s jeans

As much as I enjoy getting dressed up I also like to do dressed down casual. With young children and a dog jeans are an essential part of my wardrobe. I was thrilled recently when Vivien of Holloway brought out a range of fabulous looking 1950s jeans in a range of great colours and couldn't wait to try them for myself.





The fit is very high waisted with a side zip and button fastening as well as belt loops. The fabric has good stretch to it and the leg tapers towards the ankle for a cute, slightly cropped length. I have the blue denim pair and the purple pair and despute loving them both I have definitely worn the purple pair more....in fact I have practically lived in them this summer.



These are very versatile jeans and great for dressing up or down. Wear with wedges and a gypsy top for a cute daytime look or with converse and a t.shirt for more casual daywear.

My advice for anyone buying these fab jeans online without the luxury of being able to try them on first is to size down. I find they come up BIG and even though I actually measure 30 waist 42 hip (voh size 16) this size were massive on me. I wear the voh size 14s and they fit me great. The 28 waist 40 hip stretches enough for me so buy the tightest fit you can as they will give with wear. The more snug they are the better they look too and you gon't want them loose.



At £75 a pair they are a bit more expensive than many other vintage reproduction jeans but I am very impressed and have certainly got my wear out of them. A red pair are in my payday wishlist already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment