Saturday 27 July 2013

Marmalade and Tea Summer Spectacular

Today I was invited along to attend a special 'Summer Spectacular' event at one of my favourite tea shops.... Marmalade and Tea in Borrowash, Derbyshire. On a gloriously warm and sunny summer Saturday we were greeted with scrummy free cupcakes which went down a treat. The kids ordered their favourite caramel milkshakes whilst I had a darjeeling from the lovely tea pigs range.

We  were entertained by ukelele duo ThorntonClough who performed some excellent tunes including Guns n Roses 'Sweet Child O Mine' to packed audience. Face painting was on offer as was the opportunity to have your picture taken in their facebook photo frame with comedy moustache or glasses!!!

They have just started doing vintage afternoon teas which I am hoping to go back and sample in the near future and also launched The Great Borrowash Bake Off which takes place on Saturday 17th August. I've already planned my entry and there are categories for under 16s too.

You are always guaranteed a warm and friendly welcome at Marmalade and Tea so do pop in if you get chance.


Enjoying my scrummy cupcake!!! 
Dress by Vivien of Holloway


No comments:

Post a Comment