Thursday 25 July 2013

In the Swim

The recent heatwave we've been experiencing here in the UK has got me thinking about swimwear. Some days I've even wished I could go to work in my bikini but for the sake of decency thankfully restrained myself (not a pretty sight to be perfectly honest). Even if you're too shy to break out the swimwear here at home then maybe your thoughts are turning to what to wear on the beach for your holidays...either way a trip to Westfield Derby is just what you need for a bit of beachside inspiration.

My own personal preference is for vintage style swimwear...high waisted bottoms, long line tops or swimsuits with lower cut legs and maybe skirt detailing. I find these are most flattering and tend to hold in all the bits you'd rather not have on show and believe me we all have plenty of those!!!

This  emerald green bikini from topshop is my absolute favourite pick from the Westfield. The high waisted bottoms hold in the tummy and are incredibly flattering for all figures whilst the longline bra has removable shoulder straps to reduce tan lines and the emerald green colour looks amazing with a tan or with a paler complexion (I'm a slave to the factor 50 myself!!!)


Another favourite of mine for swimwear is polkadots, believe me they can disguise a multitude of sins!!! There are a wide variety of polkadot swimsuits available in Westfield Derby you really will be spoilt for choice. My top picks come from Marks and Spencer, a sassy, hot pink number with a cute, built in swim skirt, and Next who have a great range of retro inspired swimwear in at the moment. You couldn't fail to go wrong with either of these beauties....

               


Wedges are essential footwear for the beach as you don't sink into the sand and don't forget to pop into Accessorize to pick up a floppy sunhat, glamorous sunnies (remember to check they have UV protection), armfuls of bangles, hair flowers and a roomy beach bag to complete the look. Personally, I prefer to stay in the shade and read my book so I always pop into WH Smiths to check out their latest selection. I like to make sure I'm well stocked up on sun protection too, there are some great offers on at Boots and Superdrug at the moment.

So Westfield Derby really is your one stop destination for all your holiday requirements.....even if it's just a back yard holiday this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment