Monday 27 January 2014

Take it Easy

Before Christmas I was thrilled to discover that a branch of Ed's Easy Diner opened in Westfield Derby and couldn't wait to try it out so I dragged the kids in for a refresher during a pre-Christmas shopping trip.

It was opening weekend so was really busy, the queue was round the block to get in - however we managed to pick a quiet moment in between the queues which was lucky and were shown to a booth straight away. The décor of the place had a great 1950s vintage / retro vibe that perfectly matched my outfit of Freddies of Pinewood vintage style jeans, red converse all stars and red top purchased in Westfield Derby, from the sale rail at Oasis for the bargain price of a fiver.......great buy and goes with everything!!!

Service was a bit slow and they forgot my order which I got around 15 minutes after the kids, I also had to ask for our bill several times as the waitress was more intent on sweeping the floor. The menu doesn't have many options for non meat eaters so the kids chose pancakes, unfortunately these had sold out so they waffles instead with a milkshake each. I had a coke float which was delicious and perfect for the American vibe. I'm hoping the glitches were simply because the staff were all new and had been super busy on opening so I would still go back for a return visit although I would love to see more fish and non meat options on the menu in future. It was tempting to get up and do a bit of a Grease song and dance routine whilst we were there and would be a great place for a photoshoot too.

It's a great place for a pose and a pit stop during a shopping trip and definitely worth paying a visit, particularly if you enjoy he 50s rockabilly vibe and are partial to a spot of people watching. I was slightly disappointed that the staff didn't have retro uniforms as these would have looked super cute.

 
Enjoying my coke float
 
 
Matching the décor in my Freddies of Pinewood classic fit jeans

 
The cute mini juke boxes on each table - the money you put in goes to charity

 
The kids enjoying their waffles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment