Tuesday 24 December 2013

The Twelve Clothes of Christmas #7

Tonight I took the kids to the Nottingham Royal Concert Hall to the Christmas Carol Concert with Nottingham Harmonic Choir and Thoresby Colliery Brass Band. Both were fantastic and a splendid evening was had by a packed audience who enjoyed listening to some brilliant music and jining in with lots of carols, I certainly feel much more in the Christmassy spirit now.

I wore my red Vickie dress from Bettie Page Clothing with obligatory Santa hat!!! The dress is fantastic, I had waited for months for it to come back in stock in my size and when it did it coincided with a 30% off discount - talk about great timing!!! It is so comfy and easy to wear in a soft but thick stretch jersey fabric with three quarter length sleeves and back zipper. Clever waist detailing gives a great hourglass figure and the demure neckline is perfect for adding a brooch, my brooch of choice this evening (although sadly I didn't get a closer pic of it) was a lovely, custom made mistletoe brooch by Miss K's Floral Fancies, I also have a matching hair clip. Even on a tall gal like me it finishes below the knee so is super flattering. It is also available in both green and black versions which I am now saving up for as it's such a lovely dress. It has great vintage styling from the early 1960s and certainly turns heads. A very sweet lady came up to tell me that she thought I looked lovely and had great style which made my day.

 
Just out of shot are my red patent shoes and neutral seamed tights (not a huge fan of stockings) from What Katie Did which complete the look.
 
(lighting at the theatre was not great for pictures so you can't really see the lovely shade of red)



No comments:

Post a Comment