Saturday 24 August 2013

Westfield Derby Fashion Frenzy

 Westfield Derby is buzzing with excitement about a big fashion event being held on 6th and 7th September. The event will showcase the best fashion the shops in the centre have on offer for Autumn / Winter in four key trends;


  • Metallics
  • Monochrome
  • Faux fur / animal print
  • Blue

Almost all the Westfield shops will be participating and alongside womens fashion there will also be menswear and accessories so there will be something for everyone. The event will be located on the ground floor where shoppers will enter a series of four rooms each showcasing one of the key trends and a stylist will be on offer to show you how each trend will work for you. There will also be a beauty hub and lots of special offers and discounts available on the day so it is definitely woryh attending.

Today I met with fashion stylist Aaron at Westfield Derby and tagged along as he met with managers of the shops to talk them through the fashion event. He was full of ideas and had a great vision of how it all would come together. It also gave us the opportunity to see merchandise available in the shops which linked in with the four key trends. All the managers were so lovely and had great ideas for the contribution they could make and how the event would benefit both their business and the shoppers. It also gave me the opportunity to visit a few shops I wouldn't normally go in which was great.

One of the first shops we visited was lipsy where I spotted the cutest blue sweater with cats whiskers on the front. Aaron encouraged me to try it on and it was totally adorable. I couldn't resist treating myself and according to Aaron it hit two of the key trends....blue and metallic.

I think it will look nice with jeans or tucked intto pencil skirts.

Below are some of the items I spotted in various shops which fitted in with the four key trends and I'm sure they will feature in the fashion event.


This great sweater from Oasis is perfect for Sutumn / Winter. It adds a pop of colour to an outfit whilst the leopard print collar keeps it bang on trend.


These gourgeous and blingy silver clutch bags from Oasis fit in well With the metallic trend and will bling up the simplest of outfits.


I love these black shiny disco pants from Asylum. Flattering for all figures if you style them up right. I would suggest wearing them with a longer length chunky knit for winter or....if you're brave enough....with a crop top and high heels for evening.

I do hope you can join us at Westfield Derby on 6th or 7th of September. I will be there on Saturday 7th and can't wait to see how shoppers enjoy being styled up by professionals in the latest trends. Come along and bag yourself a bargain!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment