Monday 13 May 2013

A rockin' good week!!!

Last week I went to not one but TWO gigs!!!! This is unheard of for me but it made a pleasant change and a lovely opportunity to get out and about with some lovely friends.

On Thursday we went to see The Katmen at Rock City. Good crowd to say it was the first night of Hemsby and the band certainly didn't disappoint. Great tunes and an unusual set list all performed superbly made for a fun night. My only criticism was that it was over too soon!!!


Here I am with two of my fellow 'Vintage Vixens' and super-fun friends all rocking a bit of leopard print. If you look closely you can just spot Slim Jim Phantom on stage behind us!!!

On Saturday I went to see The Slingshots perform at a local pub. There aren't many bands around who yodel or perform songs about disused Derbyshire railways but these guys do. Their cheeky banter is always good fun too.


Must say I was exhausted after all the late nights but it was worth it as it's always good to hear great live music and support local venues. 


No comments:

Post a Comment