Friday 6 April 2012

The Eve Appeal vintage tea party

During the month of March The Eve Appeal, a charity which raises funds to research into gynaecological cancer, asked ladies to host a vintage style tea party to raise funds. As I have previously suffered with cervical cancer myself and underwent a hysterectomy 5 years ago, I needed no encouragement at all to hold a tea party for this worthwhile charity. Also, I love an opportunity to get together with my friends, wear pretty frocks and eat cakes......all for a good cause.


Wearing the promotional t.shirt I was kindly sent for being a party organiser.....I love red


This was my outfit on the day of the tea party (gratuitous pose next to my vintage boat bar!!!). The cute dress is by collectif and looks fab with or without a petticoat underneath - I always have bunting up in my kitchen too..........just love the retro look it gives to a modern space.



I decided to host a vintage tea party at my house as there wasn't time to find a big venue and invited lots of lovely ladies. Everyone who came put £1 in the collecting pot, I sold charity pin badges for £1 and also had a fun raffle which we were kindly donated some amazing prizes by boobookittycouture, Blank Canvas Photography and White Rose Healing as well as from kind friends who wanted to support the cause.


Just a selection of the raffle prizes we had on offer........people were so generous in their donations


On the day we managed to raise £106.20 which aint 'alf bad for a small tea party at my house. I still have a few remaining pin badges to sell and might also do a cake sale at work to raise a bit more before I tot up the final amount and send off the cheque. It was a lovely afternoon, we hall had a good giggle and enjoyed getting dressed up. I'm looking forward to hosting an event again next year but might have to look for a BIGGER venue this time.....my house is just too small!!!

Below are just a few of the gorgeous ladies who came along to the tea party...don't they all look FAB!!!

 







        A lovely day was had by all, lots of money raised and awareness of an important cause and despite the mountain of washing up afterwards I can't wait for next year's tea party!!!


1 comment: