Friday 23 March 2012

Polka-Dotty

In this week's HEAT magazine was a full page article about polkadots with lots of lovely pictures of polkadots in my favourite blue and white colour combination.


I love polkadots, they are always so cheerful and cute, fantastic for creating a vintage look too. Navy and white is so easy to dress up with red shoes and accessories or white.....even tan works well!!! I have several polkadot items I thought I'd share with you.

 

(I had a cute little 'Bettie Page' fringe last Summer, currently growing it out but I do miss it!!!)



This is my favourite Stop Staring dress which I bought from the fabulous website Deadly is the Female. It was pricey but I had a 30% off discount and I do love a bargain. The fabric is nice and thick so it doesn't cling to your curves, rather it skims over and enhances them. Clever detailing like ruching down the sides make it a super flattering fit. As you can see it looks great with red for a smart occasion or with white for a more relaxed look.


This picture shows me wearing my favourite Vivien of Holloway circle dress and matching bolero with petticoats for the 1950s weekend at Crich last year. I love that dress, it is such a pleasure to wear and I always get lots of lovely compliments when I'm wearing it. Again I wear it equally as much with either red shoes or white - even with my converse and without the petticoat for a more dressed down daytime look.


This is my latest polkadot purchase, a brand new crisp cotton skirt (with pockets) from a car boot sale for a mere 50p!!!!! I love the A-line style, perfect for daytimes and dancing in as it won't fly up too much when I spin or if it's breezy (a gal needs to consider these things!!!). The make is Country Casuals, it fastens at the side with a button and has elasticated sections on each side of the waistband (which explains why I was able to squeeeeze into a size 12!!! This is a perfect outfit for the forthcoming Diamond Jubilee teamed here with a white halterneck top from Vivien of Holloway and a super pretty red, white and blue hair flower from misstiki designs that I have put on as a corsage.

My tip is to invest in polkadots, they never go out of fashion, are so easy to wear and incredibly versatile.....you won't regret it!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment