Thursday 27 June 2013

Minty Madness

One of the things I love best about this time of year is that the shops don't just stock drab coloured clothes and instead colour bomb you with ice cream coloured clothes in pretty pastel palettes to tempt your fashion tastebuds.

Last weekend I went for a mooch around Westfield Derby and was blown away by all the pretty pastel shades available....in particular mint green. Such a pretty, flattering shade that can be worn easily as clothing or accessories and really adds a summery vibe to an outfit.

I picked up these GORGEOUS mint green converse from schuh . I had been after some for a while so was delighted to finally pick a pair up. I usually go for the lo version but they didn't have them in my size so instead I got hi-tops. They are super cute and I can't wait for the weather to improve so I can wear them with shorts.




I love chiffon headscarves, they are great for concealing my pincurls, improving a bad hair day or adding a bit of colour to an outfit. Tie Rack in Westfield Derby has a special offer on at the moment for buy one and get one half price so I picked up this adorable mint green polkadot scarf. They also look great tied around the neck or even added to the strap of a handbag. The lady in Tie Rack packaged it up so beautifully I almost didn't want to open it when I got home!!!



I adored this mint sweater in TOPSHOP but sadly they didn't have my size....I will be going back again for it though. Perfect for those cooler summer evenings and such a pretty shade.





These mint coloured ruffle ankle socks in Topshop were also cute but I think I'm probably a bit old to get away with them. Instead I might get them for my daughter and 'borrow' them occasionally.





If you aren't brave enough for mint coloured clothing then why not add a summery vibe to your outfit with a pretty mint green nail polish like this Essie one from Boots. It would look great with a tan on your fingers and toes.

After a good old shopping session I decided to refresh myself at the newly opened Patisserie Valerie. Have you been yet??? A Parisienne vibe with waitress service and scrummy cakes refuelled me nicely and it was fab to sit and watch the world go by for a little while. Word of warning though the cakes are BIG so go with a friend and share if you can although you will be spoilt for choice by the delicious menu.



No comments:

Post a Comment