Wednesday 6 June 2012

Jubilee-tastic - what I actually wore to celebrate the jubilee

You may have recently seen my blog post about potential outfits for the jubilee. Well...... here's what I actually wore to various events across the jubilee weekend.


Last night (Monday 4th June) I went to the Jubilee Beacon Lighting ceremony at Holme Pierrepont National Watersports Centre in Nottingham. What a FANTASTIC evening. Free entry but £5 car parking charge so a total bargain. The main attraction for me and my other rockin' friends was our favourite rockabilly band Carmen Ghia and the Hotrods who were playing a live set but it really felt like you were a part of history too...... something to tell the grandchildren about!!! I wore my old faithful Vivien of Holloway polkadot dress and petticoat with a white cardi (it was chilly) and red accessories. I had my shiny red wellies in the car but managed OK in my wedges which were a mere fiver from New Look many years ago. We even managed to get ourselves on the telly being interviewed for local news and dancing in the background of a live link. My dog, Winston, has a matching bandana on!!!


This picture shows the band performing with Carmen looking fantastic in her bespoke jubilee dress by Booboo Kitty Couture - isn't it amazing!!!



Today (Tuesday 5th June) a friend and I met up with our children at Crich Tramway Village to have a picnic and join in their jubilee celebrations. It was good fun and I laughed my head off all the way through the Flea Circus. Rather chilly again so I only took my jacket off for photos but I'm wearing my Tara Starlet union jack VE blouse that I've had for ages with my old faithful Freddies of Pinewood vintage 50s style jeans. Our pictures were taken for the Derby Evening Telegraph and Matlock News websites.


My jubilee-tastic weekend started off on Friday 1st June when I broke up for a week off work and went to see South Pacific at Nottingham's Theatre Royal with a couple of friends appropriately dressed as sailors. We popped in at a local pub on the way home where rockabilly band The Hicksville Bombers were playing. Fantastic night all round!!!


On the Saturday (2nd June) we went to the Hemlock Happening at Bramcote Park in Nottingham primarily to join in the jubilee fun and frolics but also to demonstrate a bit of swing dancing. We didn't realise there was a dog show on but entered Winston in a couple of categories. No rosettes but he did us proud. Another chilly day so I wore my red Freddies this time which are a softer fabric than my denim ones and I tend to wear them a lot in Summer. Please excuse the unstyled hair....it was damp and drizzly so I didn't bother with it.

So - that was MY jubilee weekend, one I (and hopefully my children) will remember for years to come. We had a fantastic time and thoroughly made the most of it. I'd love to know what YOU did...and more importantly what you wore!!!


2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous set of outfits. I think Winston is the best accessory though ;)

    Penny Dreadful Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you......I'm inclined to agree hehehe

      Delete